Frequently Asked Questions

Questions Filter
  • All Questions

Are these programs free for me to attend?

Absolutely! We are a nonprofit and state funded, so students are able to participate in these programs free of charge.

Who can enroll?

Flex High Pontiac services students in grades 9 through 12. You can enroll if you are younger than 22 years of age as of September 1 of the school year, have dropped out of school, and are enrolled in a public school academy or an alternative education high school diploma program that is primarily focused on educating pupils with extreme barriers to education. Contact us for more information, as there are various exceptions based on state laws.

How does your program work?

Students are required to attend at least twice per week for an appointment with their teacher of record. During this time, they will turn in and go over their weekly homework and take a test. Before the student goes home, their teacher of record will give them additional assignments to complete at home during the next week. Students often use our program as a way to catch up on credits or to graduate faster than at a traditional high school.

How long will it take me to get my high school diploma?

It depends on how many credits you already have completed and how quickly you can complete the work that your teacher assigns to you. Usually, students in our partner programs complete 2 modules per week, however, if your teacher feels you are doing well and are capable of doing more work, then you may have the option of completing more.

How do I get started?

Please contact one of our centers for information about the enrollment process. You will be required to complete an enrollment packet and schedule an orientation appointment.

What if I have been out of school for a long period of time?

Not a problem! As long as you are under the age of 22 we can get you enrolled and started in our program. You may need a few items, such as: immunization records, most recent transcripts, proof of residency, and a copy of your birth certificate. Please contact one of our centers for information about the enrollment process.

Where do I go to get my immunization records?

Usually you can obtain your immunization records from your most recent school that you attended. If they do not have them then you can contact your treating physician and they will give you a copy.

How long does the orientation last?

Generally, our orientations last for about one hour.

During this time, each new student will be able to meet their new teacher. Students will work with their teacher to choose which days and times they will attend school every week. Students can also anticipate receiving additional information about our schools, programs offered, and their first assignment(s).

Is lunch provided to the students?

No. We do track free/reduced lunch eligibility as required by the state.

Do you provide transportation?

No. However, there is a bus stop directly outside our location, and we do assist students with public transportation.

Change Your Story

Enroll Now
The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.